Ads

Sunday, August 31, 2008

August Meetup in ZOA - The Tel Aviv-Yafo Entrepreneur Meetup Group

How I promised, I publish today with light delay (work routine no left free time at all) short resume of the last meeting of "Tel-Aviv Entrepreneur Meetup Group". This time meeting took place in in ZOA House (founded by Zionist Organization of America) on 28/08/2008. Nice venue, but still small for meeting over 200 people. Sitting on the stairs was not comfortable at all, but was more than compensated by valuable lectures.

The both lectures was filmed and I will post here link to video files, so anybody who will like to refresh his memory or did not attended at all, will have pleasure to see them.

Excellent speeches, both - presentation by Ophir Cohen (Compucall’s CEO,- the sponsor of event) and “Free World Dialup” story by Jeff Pulver. I am not going to narrate here in blog who is Jeff Pulver, - but I like to share my emotion. I have wondered by outstanding speech of Jeff, - not only by “fascinating success life story”, but ability to splash out amount of interesting (at least for me) information in so short timeframe. Several times I catch him on glance to his hand watch… It was looking like he is going to finish, but he just has continue and continue… The warm atmosphere and the light comic style of speech left me sensation of intimate friends meeting.

And once again I catch myself on thinking that big things happen in big country, huge market and almost unlimited opportunities. I agree that here in Israel startups “grows up like mushrooms after rain”, but most of them oriented on American or World market.

Regarding pictures, this time I have forgot my camera at home, so all pictures taken by Nokia mobile phone, - therefore my apologies for pure quality and I post here just a few of them, full set you can find here.









Talking with Gady ( founder of the group) I have figured out that on coming meetings new interesting things going to happen - short presentations of new ventures/ideas for group members (some of them Investors) and live video conference with potential investors from USA. Sounds great, at least it is perfect chance to attend on “live startup workshop” and learn from others how to present, to see reaction of investors, questions they ask, accents they do and etc …

Once again – thanks to all group members and sponsor(s).
See you again on coming events.

Regards
Fabian



No comments: