Ads

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Make me happy, or give me a break

On my way to work and back home in Israeli rain I have about 35 minutes free time. Usually I read my mails, some news and blogs. Today I got short message from my ex-colleague with link to new web-project LinQ (runs in Beta release).

Same magic "Q" letter trick used like in famous ICQ brand, where "I seek you" = ICQ.

Here we have – "Link You" = LinQ.

Fresh look and nice design, local oriented social network – one more clone of LinkedIn.

It is not first one oriented for Hebrew speaking folks, - we have met short time before the Mekusharim.

It is good that services like LinkedIn now available in Hebrew, - it is good for Jews. :-)
But I am very skeptic about monetizing ability of those clone projects... (off course it is only my humble opinion). How many more may start-up in near future …? We much smaller than USA, Russia or even Europe (Xing)

- countries where there is some free space for similar clones. But here in Israel, - how much we need for our "huge" Hebrew speaking society?

Most of local IT professionals already have profiles in LinkedIn. Part of connections they have are international… What may do them happy using LinQ? Or what kind of trick may catch them out from LinkedIn or at least to push them create second or third profile in other much more limited network group.

I am not advocate of LinkedIn, they also not ideal and there are to many details they have to tune up, correct and enrich functionality. But some symbiosis of co-operation between 2 or more Linked-Networks may be interesting… Like global LinkedIn with multi-lingual interface networking society with sub-orientation for local interests.

From other point of view - needless to say that one of clones for sure will go out winner from this "bloody clones battle"… So, I like to whish them to be strong, dynamic-minded and do not give up!

Ooops … my station … I have to run …
Cheers
Fabian



No comments: